Saturday, December 18, 2010

Church Malibu Estate Vineyards Pinot Noir 2007

This Pinot Noir from Malibu, pretty much exclusive to the residents of Malibu at this point in time with only about 100 cases produced for this first year, was young (but not in an immature way), steady and firm. 

First, the bouquet was remarkable. It is one of those wines that you smell it and know that it will taste like "wine". --- And it did. It was almost full-bodied and I tasted cherries that took me to thinking, "this wine is broad, and strong-willed".
I now think that strong-willed is the best word to describe this wine.
I wish I could preserve its vibrantly developed aroma in an empty bottle so that I could indulge myself with it at any time.

The finish was like the wine just gets swallowed through. No peculiar residue that is left out lonely in your mouth.


Location: Pacific Palisades

No comments:

Post a Comment